St Gregory's Catholic Primary School is a primary academy within the Kent Catholic Schools Partnership (KCSP). The school exists primarily to serve the Catholic community of North Thanet, and Catholic children always have priority of admission. However, the Governing Body welcomes all applications, particularly from those of other denominations and faiths who support the religious ethos of the school.
The foundation stone was laid by Major H. S. Hatfield on 17th November 1938 and the school was opened on 3rd September 1939.
The school is situated in large pleasant grounds where there are separate playgrounds for infants and juniors and sufficient grassed areas for games and sports days.
The present building is constructed around a quadrangle or central courtyard. There are eleven classrooms, six of which were rebuilt in 1992, and the remainder refurbished between 1999 and 2009. As the school was originally built to accommodate both primary and secondary age pupils it has inherited a school hall large enough to seat the whole school, and a stage area that is the envy of most other primary schools.
The nursery opened in September 2005, offering the perfect safe and stimulating surroundings to our youngest children. The development of our own Forest School area offers pupils a wonderful environment for creative learning.
Our school works in partnership with all who wish to provide a high quality education in a happy, caring and healthy environment.